7 Audiobooks That Will Inspire You to Take Better Care of Yourself



Life has a way of keeping us busy. Between work, family, responsibilities, and everything in between, it’s easy to put ourselves at the bottom of the priority list. But taking care of yourself isn’t selfish—it’s one of the best investments you can make.

One of my favorite ways to learn and recharge is by listening to audiobooks. Whether I’m driving, taking a walk, or getting things done around the house, I can enjoy inspiring books without having to carve out extra time to sit down and read.

If you’re looking for encouragement, healthier habits, or a fresh perspective, these audiobooks are a great place to start.


1. Atomic Habits

by James Clear

Small changes can lead to remarkable results over time. This audiobook offers practical strategies for building good habits, breaking bad ones, and creating routines that support the life you want.

Perfect for: Anyone ready to make lasting changes one step at a time.


2. The Gifts of Imperfection

by Brené Brown

Learning to embrace who you are is one of the greatest forms of self-care. Brené Brown encourages listeners to let go of perfectionism and practice self-compassion.

Perfect for: Women who are ready to stop being so hard on themselves.


3. The Mountain Is You

by Brianna Wiest

Sometimes the biggest obstacle standing between us and the life we want is ourselves. This inspiring audiobook explores self-sabotage and how to overcome it with greater self-awareness.

Perfect for: Personal growth and emotional healing.


4. The Let Them Theory

by Mel Robbins

How much energy do you spend worrying about what other people think? This audiobook encourages listeners to release the need to control others and focus instead on what truly matters.

Perfect for: Anyone seeking more peace and confidence.


5. You Can Heal Your Life

by Louise Hay

This timeless classic explores the connection between our thoughts, beliefs, and overall well-being while encouraging positive affirmations and self-love.

Perfect for: Building a healthier mindset.


6. The Comfort Book

by Matt Haig

Filled with thoughtful reflections and gentle reminders, this audiobook is like having an encouraging friend by your side on difficult days.

Perfect for: Finding hope, gratitude, and calm.


7. 


The High 5 Habit

by Mel Robbins

Simple yet powerful, this audiobook teaches how celebrating yourself—even with something as simple as a daily high five in the mirror—can improve confidence and motivation.

Perfect for: Boosting self-esteem and creating a more positive outlook.

Why I Love Audiobooks

One of the biggest reasons I enjoy audiobooks is that they fit into everyday life. I can listen while driving, walking, cooking dinner, folding laundry, or getting ready for the day. It’s an easy way to keep learning, growing, and investing in myself even when life feels busy.

As women, we spend so much time caring for everyone else. Don’t forget that you deserve that same care and attention. Sometimes all it takes is one inspiring idea from a great book to help you start putting yourself back on your own priority list.

Ready to Start Listening?

If one of these audiobooks caught your attention, consider giving Audible a try. It’s a convenient way to enjoy thousands of audiobooks wherever life takes you.

👉 Start your Audible journey using my affiliate link here:CLICK HERE

What audiobook has inspired you the most? I’d love to hear your recommendations in the comments!


Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of my links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only share products that I believe may provide helpful solutions for women over 40. Thank you for supporting Shirlie’s Daughters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Audiobooks That Got Me Through Perimenopause (When I Didn't Know What Was Happening to My Body)

3 Relationship Books Every Woman Over 40 Should Add to Her Reading List